North East Ambulance Service
Research & Development Administrator
Clinical Care Assistant
Trust Support Provider
Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion Manager
The network was first set up in 2015. It has been part of our Stonewall submission for the last 4 years and helped us to be a Stonewall top 100 employer since 2016 and we were ranked the top performing health and social care organisation in 2018.
Every year the LGBT Network takes part in four to five local Pride events and is actively involved in the national LGBT group and usually attend one national pride event.
The group has made good link with local Police and Fire and Rescue Service and alongside the Trust hold a Pride breakfast before Sunderland and Newcastle Pride.
The group gets involved in a range of corporate initiatives including IDAHOBIT, LGBT History month, Equality week and others and offers support to staff and managers on LGBT issues.
The Occupation Health Team are available, their main contacts are:
Telephone 0191 430 2062 or 0191 430 2018
The Freedom to Speak Up Guardian can also be contacted for help and advice. The contact is:
To contact the equality, diversity and inclusion team is email@example.com
0919 430 2180
Mind Blue Light support - 0300 303 5999, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 84999
There are a number of local organisations who can provide help and support for LGBT people in the region:
- MESMAS - www.mesmacnortheast.com
- LGBT Federation - www.lgbtfed.com
- Hart gables - www.hartgables.org.uk
- GAP Group (Young Gay and Bisexual Men's Group) 0191 233 1333
- Gay Men Tyneside www.gaymentyneside.com
- STAG (Gateshead) email@example.com
- Lesbi Women (Newcastle) www.lesbisexyandhealthy.co.uk
- Tyneside Young Lesbian Project (Lesbi Rangers) http://neoln.btck.co.uk
- Tyneside Womens Health - www.tynesidewomenshealth.org.uk