There were 87 delegates at this conference and the focus of the event was:
- Mental health and LGBT people
- Supporting trans patients and staff
- Domestic violence in LGBT relationships
Our two keynote speakers proved very popular. Dr Joanna Semlyen, from the University of East Anglia, gave a talk on the increased risk of mental health issues for LGBT people and how this often goes unrecognised in work places.
Caroline Paige gave an amazing speech about her own experience of transitioning which working in the Royal Air Force. Of all our speakers at the two conferences, Caroline obviously left an impression on everyone there. In the evaluation, this is the only time a speaker was rated ‘very useful’ by 100% of respondents.
Chairs of the National Ambulance LGBT Network, Alistair Gunn and Kirsten Willis, informed everyone about the structure of the Network and the priorities for the first year.
- The First National Conference - Network Update
- Male Rape and Sexual Assault - Changing Perceptions
- Trans Awareness - Caroline Paige