College of Paramedics Best Practice Day
12 March 2019
Date and Time
12 March 2019
Hull Kingston Rovers Stadium
KCOM Craven Park
off Preston Road
Best Practice Day 2019
The next joint Yorkshire Ambulance Service and College of Paramedics Best Practice day will be on Tuesday 12 March 2019 at Hull Kingston Rovers, KCOM Craven Park, Poorhouse Lane, Hull, HU9 5HE.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Chief Inspector Michael Brown OBE, who will be discussing Acute Behavioural Disturbance and the collaborative approach.
- Dr Elizabeth Herrieven, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, will explore the challenges of assessing children with Learning Difficulties and how to spot serious illness.
- Cathryn James, Clinical Support Manager for the National Ambulance Service Medical Directors and YAS Clinical Manager will present a JRCALC clinical guidelines update session.
Other sessions include:
- A masterclass on ‘managing the critically injured patient’ delivered by a multi-professional team from Ambulance to ED.
- A Research round-up of all the recent pre-hospital trials that you might have been involved with, including MATTS – a service evaluation of the diagnostic accuracy and real-life performance of major trauma triage tools.
The day will also give you the unique opportunity to meet and talk to a variety of YAS departments including Patient Safety, Quality Improvement, Organisational Development, EOC frequent caller and mental health teams, YAS Academy, Clinical Pathways, Staff Forum and Freedom to Speak Up colleagues.
Representatives from the National Ambulance LGBT Network will also be present nd will be showcasing a number of resources.
This regular and popular CPD event is delivered as a full day of learning aimed at promoting professional decision making. Book your place using the registration link.